Tuesday 7 October 2014

I'VE BEEN SICK!


After a successful first post last week, I had all sorts in mind for the coming week. Only this was demolished when, I developed something rather horrible over the weekend (I think it's the flu), which has left me bed bound, unable to eat and only just managing to work.  As I spent a weekend in York with a friend last week, I did have a 'travel essentials/GRWM' post planned, however, apart from sleeping, eating and watching rubbish daytime TV, I've not felt like doing much at all. I did even try to make myself look half decent and fiddled around with the camera, however after few attempts I realised I simply did not have the energy. However, I did really want to post something, even though i'm still not 100%, and since I've been spending the last few days sick, I thought "Hey, why not do a sick day essentials post?". I know it's not the most exciting way to start my blog out, but alas, I hope you enjoy, and I hope these things may help you recover, when you're feeling as terrible as I am (although I do hope you don't!).


1.Lips


When I'm sick or have some sort of cold, I always find my lips become chapped and sore. I'm the sort of person that has to have a lip balm on me, no matter what time of the year, however in Autumn/Winter, I usually carry more than one (just incase). The two i'm loving at the moment are The Little Soothing Tin and Honeysuckle Honeydew EOS . Both of these lipbalms are relatively cheap and both AMAZING. I particularly love The Little Soothing Tin as, when applied, tingles on the lips creating a cooling sensation. It's super hydrating and it's only £1.49! The EOS however, I find is a really 'handy' lipbalm, and is easy to whip out and quickly apply to your lips, so this is usually one I take to work/out with me. This one isn't available in many drugstores in the UK, and I actually got given mine from a friend, however, you can buy them on Amazon for around £4.



2.Tissues.
I know tissues are an obvious 'must have', however I've been particularly loving these 'Kleenex balsam fresh' ones as they've helped to unblock my nose and ultimately breathe easier. I can't remember buying these, but I'm sure they'll sell them at most drugstores and supermarkets.

3. Tea


I'm a big coffee drinker, however when I'm feeling sick, or even just like I need a 'pick me up', I tend to go for Green or fruit tea. Green tea is great for preventing all sorts of things, and also helps to protect your immunity, I love Twinings Cranberry Green Tea for a little fruitier green tea.


4. Bath
My Ickle Baby Bot spent a little too long in the packet, I think. Oops.

I love baths, and I love Lush, however, call me silly, but I when I'm sick and my immune system is low, my skin and body are quite weak, and I therefore don't want to use too many harsh chemicals cleaning my body. Lush's Ickle Baby Bot is specially designed for babies and therefore really gentle on the skin. It's also only £1.95, which I think is a bargain!



5. Skin

I keep my skincare minimalistic when it comes to sick days. I love this Tea Tree Toner Water to give my skin that little spritz of refreshment. 




I also love this Nivea Day Cream to give my skin that little bit of hydration and moisture. This is specially designed for dry skin, however I think would suit any skin type on a sick day, as it's not too rich, and helps to soothe dry areas (and a red nose).







Last but not least, I would highly recommend getting one of these to cheer you up and make you feel better on a sick day, although I'm not sure I can link you to one. Even though I have been in bed most of the day, i've had this fluffy companion by my side, who still seems to want to cuddle me no matter how snotty I am.

Thank you so much for reading this post, and I hope to catch up with you all soon.
Jessica x

12 comments:

  1. Hello! I hope you feel better soon. I suggest you make yourself some chicken soup or brothel, it is always good when you don't want to eat much but need something in your stomach in order to take the medicines.

    Don't worry that much on what posts you have to write or whatever, just write what you feel like and then analyze what attracts more people to your blog. That's what I'm doing. Be sure to post your social media so people can follow along.

    Anyways, I really hope you get rid of that sickness so you can post more.

    {eccentricerudite.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment Lola, currently I'm not 'announcing my blog' to my friends just yet, as they're still not too understanding of this whole blogging thing. Hopefully il build up a good readership before I do though, people who actually want to read and don't feel like they have to because they're friends. Thank you again for your well wishes x

      Delete
    2. I totally get what you mean. My blog is only known by several people who dont know me personally. I would like to keep it that way at least until I get a substantial amount of readers.

      I'm sorry to do this, but I recently updated my blog and changed its name, therefore I had to create a new blog on bloglovin. If you could try and check it out and maybe follow me that would be awesome.

      http://eccentricerudite.blogspot.com/

      Thanks in advance.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, sorry your sick, hate having flu :(
    Rest up! I did however still enjoy reading this post - I have ordered myself an EOS lipbalm as they look so cute!!

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! Fortunately i'm on the mend, although this sore throat is becoming pretty hard to shift! EOS are great, although I wish we had them at US price! xxx

      Delete
  3. Aw dear - feel better soon! I really want to try one of those EOS lipbalms everybody raves about them! I love the vaseline with cocoa butter in it :)

    Roxie
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roxie,
      Thank you, I'm on the mend now! I'l have to try that one, although I usually stay away from faux chocolatey scented things!
      Thank you for reading!
      Love, Jessica xo

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel much better hun. Plenty of rest for you xx
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. It's just a bit of fun. Here is the link to my post. Don't forget to send me your link if you decide to to it
    http://craftsandspices.blogspot.ie/search/label/awards

    Claudia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claudia! I'm so grateful. I think i'l do this post right now! I need a little something to tide me over whilst I've not got much free time.
      Love Jessica

      Delete
  5. I hope you're feeling much better now! This is a great post:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey jess! lush bath bombs are the best and your puppy is too cute.

    ReplyDelete